Translate

04 February 2013

A Brief Introduction & The Ford Taurus

So here's how its going to work.

I'm Preston. I enjoy things that have engines and wheels. I am going to blog about different cars, and nearly any and all things related to motoring. This is the beginning of it all. Enjoy my musings.

The Ford Taurus: Then and Now

This is my first car - 1998 Ford Taurus SE. A wonderful piece of American machinery, this Taurus and all others will always be sort of special to me, because this one has served me well in my young age. It was my portal to freedom.

some specs:

  • 3.0L 12-valve V6 engine
  • 145 horsepower at 5200rpm
  • 170 ft-lbs of torque at 3250rpm
  • 4 speed automatic
It might seem like this would be a fast car, but that V6 has to carry over 3 tons of senseless weight.

The older Taurus models, this model year in particular, was not a looker at all, and really, there is nothing special about them at all. Honestly, if the government were to distribute basic transportation to us all, this would be it.


it pains me to say this because I adore my Taurus, but...
1998 Ford Taurus -- bad car.


Without any clever transition, this is the 2013 Taurus. More appealing to the eye, no question, than the 1998 model, this new Taurus looks more like a Jaguar or an Aston Martin, and much less like basic transportation.

This car is much quicker than the older model, and it looks much better. I look at this car and I actually want to drive it.


In researching I found that, if you're feeling creative, you can create your own 2013 Taurus here.
http://bp3.ford.com/2013-Ford-Taurus?branding=1&lang=en#/Models/

If you're not feeling like doing creativity,
some specs:

  • 3.5L 24-valve DOHC TiVCT V6 engine - standard
  • 6-speed electronically controlled automatic overdrive - standard

There's plenty of other boring technical things like electronic assisted this-and-that. But without any of that, I'll just go ahead and say it for you: in comparison to the fish-faced 1998 Taurus, this car is so much better in every single way.

now I want one because...
2013 Ford Taurus -- good car.

*This entire post leaves out of the picture the new 2013 Taurus SHO, which I hear is actually quite nice not only on the road, but also on the track. If you would be willing to drop over 40,000 on a heavy 4-door with AWD, this is my recommendation.

If you have any thoughts, please comment. 
I'd love to hear from you. especially if you disagree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment